Monday, April 14, 2014

Construction Of a Sash Window Frame From Raw Wood- Video

I stumbled upon this video not too long ago. I really enjoyed it and decided that you folks might like it too.

The video shows a window frame being made with all the basic steps in just a few minutes of video. It makes me want to make some windows especially after picking up the book on Doormaking and Window-making that LAP recently put out. Fascinating to see the difference between factory made vs. craftsman made.

I would like to find one of those coping planes that is used in this video. Would be a good one to study.

I should mention that the video is curtesy of the Arnold Zlotoff Tool Museum. The joiner in the video is Ted Ingraham. I would like to make it up to the place someday. Would be quite interesting I am sure.

Enjoy!





7 comments:

  1. Fabulous Caleb! Who's the fellow making the sash?
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill,

      I should have mentioned that. Thanks for asking. It is Ted Ingraham.

      Delete
  2. Cool! Thanks Caleb. I would never have known. Great video, and I can't wait to get to the museum. South Hero is about as far away from me as one can get and still be in Vermont. I'll get there when I can. If you're up this way, give a shout, maybe we can go together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family and I are planning a trip up the east cost this summer so if we make it there I will try and give you a shout.

      Let me know what you think of the place if you get there before me.

      Delete
  3. really nice vid! I also liked the panel clamps!
    thanks for sharing
    Aymeric

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get a preview of what the museum is like here: https://vimeo.com/88608843
    We will be posting some more videos of other traditional crafts throughout the year. It's exciting to see your interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finn,

      Thanks for posting this link here.

      Delete