Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Coffin Shaped Smoother- Up Close

Have you tried making that smoother from the plans that I posted up recently? Need a little help or a closer look? Well, here it is.

I put together two videos to show its details and how it performs in that order below.



I really love this little smoothing plane. I hope you make one. It will become a go to plane as it has for me.

I will eventually offer these for sale as well if you don't have the time or the desire to make one yourself. I understand that making a tool is not everyones interest but the using of it is. Let me know if you want more information.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Do it yourself, go to WoodPrix and learn how to make it.

    https://www.woodprix.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to find out how to decide what blade angle is the best and if it should be bevel up or down. I would like to make a plane with this shape, but it should be an all round plane for softwood. What bed angle would you suggest and bevel up or down? I was thinking about a 38 deg. bed angle with bevel down blade. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete